Venice - Bancogiro


On my October 2017 trip to Venice I brought a few friends along. We arrived quite late on the first night, meaning most of my favourite bacari would have been long since closed, but I was keen to show my friend Leon around a bit, so we tried Bancogiro in the Rialto, which was still open at around 11:30.  Although the bar itself is a fair bit more modern than my usual favourite tourist haunts, the building it occupies was indeed once the site of a bank, as the name suggests, and quite an important one historically - it is where the term "giro", in the sense of a bank payment or transfer, originates from.

The photo above shows a glass of the local red wine from the Veneto (possibly a Bardolino) with an accompanying Negroni. The olives here were very good I recall.

Comments

Popular Posts