Verona - Caffe Filippini - or not, as it turns out

I had to change trains between Vicenza and Mantova, so thought I might as well get out of the station and spend lunchtime there. During my research for this trip I’d found that one of the oldest caffes in the city - Caffe Filippini - has an eponymous cocktail. It’s apparently a concoction of gin, lemon and vermouth. Whilst I was a little unsure whether that was going to by my cup of tea (possibly depending on whether it’s a white/dry or sweet/red vermouth) I can’t resist a historic caffe with an eponymous cocktail, so I thought I’d give it a go.



Alas, I cannot confirm whether or not I would indeed like it, as on arrival, contrary to what it said on their website Caffe Filippini was closed. They’re supposed to be closed on Wednesdays from November to April, it says, but this was still October. Other neighbouring caffes seemed to have plenty of custom. Oh well.


Comments

Popular Posts